Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dropped Spoons

Whenever we dropped a spoon when I was little, my mother would say "Company's coming."

I figured this was an Old Wives' Tale similar to 'If your palm itches, you are going to get some money.' Or 'If your nose itches, it means you are going to kiss a fool.'  My palms never itch, so I can't prove or disprove that one, but my nose often does.  I don't know what this says about my husband.

Mostly I'm thankful that the dropped spoon prophesy doesn't seem to be the case either.  At any meal, I pick up at least six spoons.  That could be up to 18 visitors per day!  I don't need that many people seeing the man-made disaster my house is on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. Actually in my house, a knife meant a male visitor, a fork a female, and a spoon a child.

    The left palm is for receiving money in, the right hand is for paying money out.

    Itchy nose = get in a fight OR kiss a fool.

    I'm sure this says nothing about your husband, your visitors, or the state of your house. Wives tales are just that. Although I won't walk under ladders or upen umbrella's in the house.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.