Friday, March 4, 2011

Fridays off the Wall with Kent Conwell


Today, we're kicking off a series of special Fridays with random questions with other authors.

First to step up to the plate in fellow Avalon author Kent Conwell. He has published over thirty mysteries and westerns.  His most recent, Murder Among Friends, was just released February 4.
So Kent, as a writer of westerns and mysteries, what hobbies would readers be surprised that you have?

Murder Among Friends (A Tony Boudreaux Mystery)Kent: Other than dedicating my life to testing various kinds of bourbon, I have no hobbies. Oh, I have hunted wild hogs in the piney woods.

Hunting wild hogs sounds dangerous, but alcohol and writers often go together.  What author would you be delighted to be compared to (in a positive way, of course)? Is this your favorite author?

Kent: Hemingway or Steinbeck. Yep.

Makes sense.  What would make your writing space perfect?

Kent: Peace and quiet.

Haha! Me too. I'm know I'm dependent on electricity and the Internet. What do you do when the power goes out?

Kent: We curse a lot. Then turn on lanterns and pull out books.

I know selling books never gets old.  After more than thirty books, what do you do to celebrate a sale?

Kent: Deposit the check.

Sounds good to me.  Thanks Kent for stopping by and answering my random questions. You can catch up with Kent at http://www.kentconwell.blogspot.com.

***If you're an author and would like to participate in Fridays off the Wall, please email me at jvaughn @ joselynvaughn.com. (no spaces)

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.