Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sweet Saturday Samples

From Hauntings of the Heart:


“My client is prepared to make it worth your while.”
Minnie Schultz rolled her eyes and shifted the phone against
her shoulder. She’d received offers to sell her bed and breakfast
before, but this was outrageous. She traced the six zeroes the
attorney had quoted on her notepad until there were indents in its
cardboard backing. One million dollars.

Get your copy at



Return to Sweet Saturday Samples for more great excerpts.

6 comments:

  1. For a million I'd have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could picture the indentations of those six zeroes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does the client want the house? And why is she irritated with the offer? Interesting sample.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will she or won't she? With just that bit, I want to know more. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Really? One mil? I'll have to get this to find out if she does or not. Great sample!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.