Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Potty Training Update (Seriously will these ever end?)

I think my son has finally figured it all out. He can go pee.  He can go poop.  He can go without being reminded. He can summon a couple dribbles to get the desired color of candy treat. Success!

and we move on...

The Little One is catching the bug. She really likes the treats, demanding them whenever anyone else earns one. Smaller, other treats are not acceptable.  Only the same as her brother or sister get. She warns me whenever she has to poop, pointing to her bum and yelling, "Poop!" and "Change!" Unfortunately for her, this is not a pleasant process nor a quick one. I have yet to get her to sit on the potty during this process, but I don't blame her.  If I was her, I'd want an epidural. She is also starting to tell me when she just needs to be changed, mostly at bedtime as an excuse to get out of her crib.  She's much farther along than the twins were at this age.

Her sister. Sigh. It's been a long, hard, uphill, bumpy road and we have several miles to go. After a UTI, we are making progress.  Some days this feels only like I am closer to giving up. But today... she pooped on the potty. She warned me that she had to go.  And she was upset that she had gone in her pants.  All firsts in a very long time.

Preschool starts in nine days. One is ready to go and one might be. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.