Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It Just Comes Natural

My son discovered fishing while we were on vacation. I'm not sure what appeals to him more: the Spiderman fishing pole or being able to fling something into the water and reel it back in, just to do it again.

He spent hours on the end of the dock casting the bobber into the water and cranking it back in. (We were smart enough to take the hook off the line, especially since his aim wasn't terribly accurate, so no one risked getting caught during an errant cast.

When the guys took him fishing off the pontoon boat, he was overjoyed.  Upon return, he ran into the cabin to tell me two things:  he caught a bass and he got to pee off the side of the boat.  He may have been more excited about the latter.

Last night he was telling me about his fish again.  "It was a bass," then he flung his arms as wide at they would go (roughly forty inches) "and it was this big!"

Well, he's got the fish story part down pat.

1 comment:

  1. My girls love to fish too, and you're right--the stories just fall into place.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.