Monday, February 7, 2011

Frostbite Run

Yes, it was as cold as it sounds.  So I over-dressed.  By mile 3, I was stripping off my gloves and jacket and probably would have chucked more if I didn't have to carry it.

The race wasn't as bad as it sounds though.  I was able to average 9 minute miles which was much better than I expected on the snowy roads and freezing cold.  And I finished second in my age group.  We won't mention that there were only two in my age group.

I've been doing all my runs on the treadmill and have been too lazy to up the incline and too chicken to run much faster than a 6 on the treadmill.  My laziness showed in that it felt like I was pulling a piano up most of the hills. The piano instead of pushing me down the downhills felt like it got stuck on the crest and I couldn't get away from it.

Yesterday I was pretty sore. Stairs were wince-inducing, but it's better today.

Today I start training for the 25k with longer runs inching up to 15 miles and, of course, adjusting the incline on the treadmill. And maybe pressing a number higher than 7 on the speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.