Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Let's Go to Kindergarten!

No, the twins aren't old enough yet.  We're contemplating preschool in the fall, but they have to be potty trained first.

On the way to one of my prenatal appointments for the twins, my husband and I were listening to the local country radio station.  It was the first day of school and a mother had called in to request a song for her son who was nervous about his first day of kindergarten.

The DJ laughed and asked what songs he liked.  After some hesitation, she said Johnny Cash.  When pressed for a particular song, she didn't know, but finally suggested 'Folsom Prison Blues.'

My husband and I busted out laughing.  Because nothing says 'Let's go to kindergarten' like 'I know I can't be free' and 'I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.'

I can't hear the song without thinking of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.