Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Buttery Spritz

Join me at the Book Boost Blog (http://thebookboost.blogspot.com/) today.  Then try out these sweet little cookies.  You need a cookie press, but you end up with wonderful bite-size cookies that tempt you to eat them by the handful. My husband, as with most holiday cookies, likes them straight out of the freezer.  I think this may be because I forget about them and he gets to eat them all.

Ingredients:
1 cup stick butter, softened.
½ cup sugar
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
Few drops red or green food color, if desired.
Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix butter and sugar in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Place dough in cookie press. From desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.  Cool on wire rack.
Makes about 5 dozen.
From Betty Crocker’s New Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.