Wednesday, August 25, 2010

To Be Read Pile

Each night when I get the little one ready for bed, I sit next to my bookshelves and see a bunch of old friends.  The books I read and re-read as a child are interspersed with what I read in college and what I read last week. (I haven't let my inner librarian organize the shelves, mostly because I don't have enough time or shelves to fully implement the Dewey Decimal System.  My husband is probably happy that I have stopped requesting more bookshelves about two months ago when we had at least twelve inches of excess shelf room.  Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.) The other lurkers on those shelves are the books I haven't read yet.  The ones I've picked up at Goodwill or garage sales because I've always wanted to read them or the ones I've added to my Amazon cart to get free shipping.

They taunt me as the little one plays with her bottle.  'Why haven't you read me yet?' 'How about me next?' 'You don't remember me, do you?  Read me again.'

I'd like to tackle this to be soon.  The problem is that most of the books aren't the kind of books you can read a paragraph or a page at a time and keep track of what is going on.  Which is generally the amount of reading time I have.  I read a paragraph and there's a diaper to change.  Re-read the paragraph and there's a puddle to clean up.

I should probably give up watching shows like Shaq VS and Dating in the Dark and read one of those books instead.

What books tend to languish in your To Be Read pile?

1 comment:

  1. Sad to say, but usually it's westerns and paranormals (especially if I haven't read the author before.) Regencies are always my first pic!

    I'd love to organize my shelves, but haven't the time or the space. LOL My dream office is going to have two walls of nothing but shelves. :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have you here! If you have problems leaving a comment, I would still love to hear from you. Please email me at joselynvaughn@gmail.com.